Thursday, April 28, 2011

Thyme for Mint

I love mint and I love thyme but I didn't have a good place to plant them.  A few weeks ago I decided to build a bed on the edge of the porch and put the mint and thyme there.  I want the bed positively over flowing with both someday.  in the mean time I scavanged 2 1/4 circle edging bricks from the cherry trees that were already being pushed up by the roots and bought about a dozen or so grey edging bricks, a couple bags of soil and built a bed.  It wasn't easy digging straight trenches for the bricks but in the end I am happy with the result.  While I wait for it to fill in I planted the remainder of the onion and garlic sets along the back of the bed.  I have mystery varieties of thyme and I am not even sure that any of them are edible and apple mint, orange mint, curly spearmint and chocolate mint.  I can't seem to find any plain peppermint anywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment